Sunday, September 11, 2016

Post-op Day 5

There was no progress today to speak of other than him continuing to eat. We were hoping one or both chest tubes would come out, but neither did.  His nose cannula came out again, but just for a few minutes.  He continues to get gassy and constipated, which makes him cry so hard, turn purple, and desat for a little bit.  Seeing your kid beside himself and turn deep purple never gets easier. 

We decided to hold off on trying again to breastfeed until the chest tubes come out because those are so painful.  The breast pump continues to have an intimate relationship with me every three hours. Ripley was low maintenance again today, except when in pain.  I was really hoping we would get moved to the transitional care unit today, but that didn't happen.  

My parents were thinking about bringing Madison today, but my mom felt under the weather from the flu shot.  I miss her...I love seeing photos of my big girl and using FaceTime.  It will be nice to be home...I just have no idea when to expect it.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates! I'll be praying that soon he can breastfeed comfortably soon, that the tubes will come soon, and that he will be moved to the transitional care unit!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete