Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Back to the hospital

Baby Ripley goes for his full repair in a handful of hours.  He is now NPO (not allowed to eat anything by mouth) before surgery.  Thankfully, he took in 3 ounces of pumped breast milk in the past hour. He was having some issues with overactive letdown tonight so we decided to pump instead of nurse...I will have to be pumping for a while when he's in surgery and after when he still is unable to drink.

One pediatric cardiologist joked that he's no longer in the neonatal period by just a hair because he turns one month old tomorrow (and he's 9 lbs, 7 oz...3 lbs, 3 oz over birth weight).  Starting to feel all the nerves. :-/ I know his surgeon (Dr. Reddy at UCSF) is fantastic, but I'm still nervous and also worried that post-op recovery will be hard.  He had a couple of tet spells at the hospital yesterday during pre-admission so I guess it is the right timing to have his surgery earlier than originally expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment