Labor Day is seen as the last hurrah for summertime fun, BBQs, and going to the pool. This year, Labor Day takes on a different tone for our family. UCSF got back to us today and Ripley's open heart surgery will take place next Tuesday and we will got to UCSF for his pre-admission on Monday, Labor Day. I didn't expect that surgery would be scheduled so soon, but I trust that the pediatric cardiology team and the surgeon have made the best decision.
We had family photos taken on Sunday for my 30th birthday. Ripley had a growth spurt so I was pretty tired, but I think we got some good pictures. A local photographer, Maryam, of hi+hello photography (hiplushello.com), generously gifted us a photo session for Ripley as a newborn and post-surgery. This was such a blessing because I love having great photos to document our lives, but expenses have been rough this year with all of the medical bills and other costs looming. I am thankful to have some photos of him as a little baby and then to show his scar later on.
I hope to spend these next few days just enjoying some time as a family. Hayes's dad arrives from China on Saturday so at least he will get to meet Ripley before the operation. Ripley will be recovering at the hospital for ~1 week, unless there are complications, so it will be another rough patch of being away from Madison and having to see my baby in pain. Even though everything is happening much sooner than we expected, I am relieved that soon Ripley will be receiving the surgery he needs to survive and thrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment