Monday, December 10, 2018

Donating blood to save lives

The first time I donated blood was in 2013 when I was out in Kansas City taking a deposition and the office happened to have a blood drive that day. Since then, I’ve been pregnant with two kids, busy, and tired, sometimes slightly anemic, but always meaning to give blood again. Today, I finally donated blood again.
Ripley received two blood transfusions when he was a baby: once during his open heart surgery and once during his post-op recovery. We didn’t have enough time in between scheduling his surgery and the actual date for us to donate blood for his use.
I am so grateful for people who donate blood that sustains and saves people, including my precious son. This took me less than an hour from start to finish (checking in, paperwork, blood donation, waiting for 15 minutes after).
Please donate blood if you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment